Thursday, August 7, 2014

Welcome Chalkboard

I started following the blog Little Baby Garvin about a month ago & really enjoyed her decorating style. I had wanted to make something to put up in our little entry area & this blog inspired me to make my own chalkboard. I have no where near the amount of artistic ability she has, but I was still able to make the type of sign that fit our entry area well.

For my sign, I wanted something to be on there permanently & I wanted the ability to  rotate the message for different timeframes. So I came up with the idea of getting our name on there & then the rest was a chalkboard.

So I went to work. I found chalkboard at JoAnn's, it's about a 13x17 with a wooden frame. BUT the best part is that it is also magnetic, so I can add magnets to this entrance board too!

I had my mom cut out "O'Briens" on her Cricut & then I taped it down & traced around it with pencil before taking the letters off & taking out a white paint marker & filling it in. I then added 'The' & 'Est. 2014' to add some personalization.

Then it was on to the message & since our ISU season tickets had come in, it was time to start the countdown until kick-off! However, I have a pack of Crayola sidewalk chalk, which I don't recommend (they are really crumbly & break easily), so I am able to rotate colors & messages as I see fit.



No comments:

Post a Comment