Monday, August 4, 2014

Adding a Personal POP

A lot of my wedding was my twists on Pinterest ideas. Those personal twists are definitely what makes your wedding yours & shows your personalty. Here are some that I really liked.

Blue Heart Patch - One of my grandpa's passed away about 2 years before my wedding. And after seeing the idea of putting a blue heart patch on the back of your dress as your something blue, I knew (even before I was engaged) that I would have a piece of my grandpa's handkerchief sewn into the back of my dress. The night before (yes, the night before), my mom finally was able to get her emotions in check enough to get it sewn onto the back of my dress.

Memory Candle & Board - Another thing I wanted was a memory candle. Three of our grandpa's had passed away and the 4th (my grandpa) was in the hospital & unable to attend. So the wooden plaque was spray painted & my mom wrote on it for me. The roses were in colors that matched the grandma's corsages.

Mint Green TOMS - I can't wear heels. My ankles & back hate them. I look like a klutz & I'm incredibly tall compared to everyone but Greg. So I knew from the start I was not going to wear heels and I stumbled across the mint green TOMS. I knew they were it & it was a way to add the color in for the bridesmaids who wore gray. In the process of collecting sizes, TOMS discontinued the color & I was unable to order them. I was crushed! After finding a disappointing back-up, my mom spotted the TOMS on Zulily. I immediately jumped on & ordered up 4 pairs & was ecstatic. We had comfortable & awesome looking shoes! Completely my style.

Necklaces - Another little 'POP' of color I had for the bridesmaids was their necklaces. I made each of their necklaces with metal letter stamps on flat metal charms. The style of names was different, some got their nickname from me others got their initial + their significant others initial. My pregnant bridesmaid, also not a mini charm with the initial of her baby on it. The 'POP' of color came from the mint green bead I added to lay on top of the charm.

Tulips - Finally, the other fact of the wedding I have known forever was tulips. I love tulips. I am a Dutch kid, probably would have done wooden shoes if wouldn't have had such a traumatic experience walking in my first pair, in fact the blisters may still have scars on my feet! :) I wanted the tulips to be varying colors & really be the bright spot. Each bridesmaid had a different color & mine had all the colors together.

No comments:

Post a Comment