Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Rough Road

We've made it through 1.5 years! As I said in my blog a year ago, it hasn't been easy, but it's been worth it.

We have gotten nicely settle into our house, it feels like home. We've told each other that many times, we just feel more at home here.

The last month has been rough, we went through the excitement of finding out we were pregnant and told our parents. While we anxiously waited for an ultrasound and came to terms that things would be changing, things started to not feel right. After calling the doctor's office for a 2nd time, the nurse told me to come in. As I watched the screen of the ultrasound, my fears became the truth and were further verified by the tech, 'there is no heartbeat'. And just like that it was done at 9 weeks.

It sucked. I bawled as I attempted to tell my mom. I didn't go back to work. I went home & cuddled my pup, sat with Greg & walked.

While I thought it was done, my system had to clear. While the worst of it was over quickly, the weekly blood draws drug on. Every Friday, I stopped at the lab for another draw. Waited until Monday to talk to a nurse, to hear I needed to go back. My count dropped rapidly at first, then it slowed...and slowed to a painful pace. I just wanted it over, the pit of my elbows were bruises. Finally, after 6 weeks, they said it was to an okay level, I was clear. And then it was officially over.

It is crazy how much more aware of pregnancy announcements you are during that time. It is painful to see cousins and friends announcing their pregnancies. You are happy for them, but you don't know how to react.

I have been focusing my energy on fixing up our house and decorating, things I put off over the last year. Also getting myself back to the gym. Greg and I also are now Fitbit wearers, we are using it to challenge each other to get ourselves moving, but also good to have a little competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment