Sunday, October 13, 2013

Craving Granola

In undergrad I always loved throwing granola on my yogurt, but now it's not conveniently located in the cafeteria or my kitchen. However, I figured I could find a quick recipe to make & have it conveniently located in my kitchen. Thanks for Google, I was able to do that and the first recipe I tried was simple & tasty. Here you go:

Simple Granola
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup canola oil
4 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Combine brown sugar, honey and canola oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
3. Cook, stirring often until sugar is dissolved.
4. Pour brown sugar mixture over oats and add cinnamon and salt. Stir until oats are evenly coated.
5. Spread granola mixture over a cookie sheet (sprayed with pam) and press mixture down.
6. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before breaking apart and into pieces.
8. Store in a ziplock bag or other air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment