Sunday, November 24, 2013

Jumbo Dog Pillow

After surgery
With Sadie's surgery looming, I wanted to get her a big dog pillow. However, none of the pillows in the store met my size requirements and I didn't like the color options. So I decided to take it on myself. As flipped through ideas on Pinterest, I formulated a design in my head and got to work.

Needed items:
2 jumbo pillows
1 twin flat sheet

I sewed the 2 jumbo pillows together the long way and about every 5 inches did reverse stitching to make sure it held together. Then it was onto the pillowcase. I started by folding the sheet in half, the shorter way (hamburger fold for all you Greene Elementarians). The laid the 2 jumbo pillows stitched together in the middle so I could pin all the edges together. On the backside I made sure it had a pillowcase type opening in the middle to allow me to take the cover off to wash.

The whole project took about an hour & Sadie loved it after surgery. Now she just visits it on occasion.
Needed items
Finished front side

Pillowcase opening in back
Finished back side
Occasional usage

No comments:

Post a Comment