Sunday, November 9, 2014

Adding Some Color

1st success of the last week? Completed fence! Monday, they discovered they were 60 pickets short of finishing, so my Malibu & I became a picket hauling pick-up. With folded down backseats, the Menard's worker & I were able to get all the pickets into my car & I cruised home getting awful gas mileage, but knowing Sadie was 24 hours away from running free in our yard. Tuesday it was done & Sadie ran hot laps! Plus she then had the opportunity to have a doggy neighbor over this weekend to play & allow us to be meet the neighbors.

I also worked on the bathroom paint update throughout the week. What I originally thought would be a 2 day project, turned out to take pretty much every night. It started out strong getting the ceiling done & starting on the area with lot of trimming detail. The next night Greg helped me remove the mirror to discover mold, REALLY?? Gross. So called up my father got his advice, didn't have anything he said to use, so I Googled it & figured out I could use vinegar to clean it. But the next item was a problem, spray bottle. So I dug through drawers in the bathroom & found an old perfume bottle, dumped out what remained in there & filled it up with vinegar. Only had to re-fill it 4 times to have enough to squirt the area. And...I had to do it 2 times & scrub, that kind of killed that day of work. The next morning I got up & painted a stain block primer over top to get it ready for that night's work.

Finally Friday night, I was able to wrap up the painting! Saturday I capped it off putting up a picture on the wall & finally finding a yellow & gray shower curtain to finish off the whole set-up!

BEFORE

 

AFTER
 

No comments:

Post a Comment