Sunday, August 2, 2015

Operation: Garage Organization - Part I

We have a lovely finished garage, meaning all the studs are dry walled in & finished, as is the ceiling. There is a lot of extra space in front of the garage, which is whey I hadn't worried about the lack of storage on the walls until just recently. I wanted to get my bike up off the ground & a few other things the dogs felt were necessary to carry into the yard on occasion. So started the planning, the sketching & the estimations.

After about a week of planning, and brilliant plans that then were cancelled due to issues we'd find, between my dad's idea, mixed with my discovery, I sketched up a plan using the Fast Track System from Rubbermaid. It is a modular system that will let you add hooks & have the ability to move them around as well as add shelves into it.

The sketch looked great, I headed to Menards with the exact number of every item I would need, folded down the seats & used my car like a truck & brought them all home. What I thought would be a 2 hour project took on a new life when it took us parts of 3 days due to not having a charged drill, the right size drill bit & troubles finding the studs. But we succeeded, we rescued a lot of ground space by getting things off the ground & I had to open the door several times in the hours after completion just to look at it, because I was so happy it worked out.

BEFORE


 AFTER


No comments:

Post a Comment