Sunday, August 2, 2015

Operation: Garage Organization - Part II

When scanning Pinterest, I had seen that someone took an old file cabinet, painted it & used it as a sorter in their garage. I was skeptical of this, because I didn't think it would be tall enough to full hold a broom up.

But I had an old file cabinet at my discretion, so I decided to give it a try. I took out the drawers, wiped it all down, getting the old dust & grease wiped off. Then used 2-ish bottles of flat Rustoleum to cover the entire cabinet shell & extra where the rust was starting to show a bit. Once dried on, I hauled it into the garage & set it on some extra fence post pieces & tried it out. It's surprising how deep a file cabinet is when you set it on the backside & it works perfectly as a sorter for our garage items & sports supplies.

BEFORE


 IN PROCESS
AFTER
IN USE

No comments:

Post a Comment