Friday, December 31, 2010

I Love The Feeling of Home

Wow, the time at home has been going fast....way too fast. But I think I have done nearly everything. I visited Central & ISU the first days I was home. I have seen Leah & Daniel play basketball. Enjoyed a real snow storm. Visited my grandparents in Spencer and celebrated Christmas. Ate at the bakery way too much. Cleaned Miller Apartments several times. Saw Tricia while she was home for Washington D.C. Visited 1st grade and grandpa in the hospital. Fallen up the stairs and slipped on ice. So yes I think I have done nearly all I wanted to, minus the falling and gramps' trip to the hospital.

I flew into Minneapolis on the 14th and was greeted by grandma, grandpa and mom. We then headed straight to a basketball game at Central Springs, which was nicely on the way home. The next morning I headed to Central to see a bunch of people there and then headed to ISU to meet with a couple people in the athletic department and visit Dena and Laurel. Then it was time to finally settle into Greene with a basketball doubleheader. Daniel played in New Hartford and Leah in Greene. Leah's team is still undefeated and her cheek has healed, she's just left with a small scar that flows into her smile....when she smiles.

The following week we got gobs of snow, pretty snow, real snow...as opposed to the 1/2 inch we got in Oregon. However, that left me and Daniel shoveling the sidewalk by the apartments. After Daniel did the whole driveway, by himself! The apartments have kept me pretty busy, I have have been helping grandma a lot because they were full during the holidays.

David made it home on Christmas Eve after the heavy snowfall, so we were able to celebrate at our normal times. Christmas Day we headed to Spencer and were able to stay for a couple nights before Leah had to return to practices.

Grandpa had a little scare and was taken to the hospital during the night and then had to stay another night while the monitored him. They never nailed down what the cause of his chest pains where, but when he left the doctors told him his heart was in better shape than last time he was there! So we are very grateful it wasn't worse and that he is home.

I have also found myself starting to study for GMATs. I got study guides while I was home and has slowly started working my way through them, knowing I need to get my test taken so I can start applying for schools as soon as possible. But hey I have a whole day of traveling back ahead of me, so why not wait?? (Oh great, the college procrastination is starting to kick in again!)

Hope you all had a splendid holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment