Monday, November 1, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away!

I am not ready for the Oregon rainy season, but it has started in full force. It's not like it rains all day, it is off and on. It may rain hard for 5 minutes, then the sun sneaks out, then it rains lightly, then hard, then sun, oh you get the picture, but I don't like it. I constantly carry an umbrella, but was recently asked if I knew true Oregonians don't carry an umbrellas? Well, I didn't but I am quite sure I will continue to carry my umbrella and stick out as a Midwesterner.

Pumpkin Carving
I had the urge to carve my Roloff farms pumpkin, but didn't want to deal with the mess. But Natalie's sister's family was going to carve their pumpkins so I joined in the fun. My artistic abilities are lacking in the pumpkin carving category and luckily Natalie felt the same way, however her sister, Jenny, is very talented. We looked at pumpkin carving ideas and worked away. And were entertained by Natalie's 2-year-old nephew, James, freaking out about the inside of the pumpkin and then attempting to put the pieces back into the pumpkins. Jenny drew out a Mario and Toad pumpkin that turned out amazing and made our pumpkins look pathetic! Jenny also baked the pumpkin seeds and they were tasty as well.

Halloween
For Halloween, I headed to the optometry party with Natalie. We avoided having to buy costumes and kept it simple by using our 80s outfits for future skating event. Saturday morning I hit up Goodwill and found an awesome Hard Rock Cafe sweatshirt to finish off my costume.

Soccer
The soccer seasons continue, but are getting close to the end. The women's team will play their last game on Saturday, but the men's team may continue on to the national tournament. This whole season has been a learning experience for me, I have had to learn soccer jargon, soccer statcrew and the stress of having one of the top teams in the conference and a nationally ranked team. The men have moved around in the national rankings and are one game from clenching an automatic bid for the national tournament. I have been told that if they qualify I will get to travel with them, so when Saturday comes I will know if they qualify and on Monday where we could be headed.

Golf season wrapped up last week, but swimming season has started and wrestling will be starting this weekend. I am amazed how fast time has been going since I moved here!

Also Happy 87th Birthday to my Grandpa on November 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment