Monday, November 29, 2010

Technology Detox

I needed it! I work all day on a computer, I come home and get on my computer. I am in a generation that needs (or thinks they need) to be connected all the time. It isn't true. There is more you can do than sit on a computer, such as read a book, cook, go for a run, take pictures, etc. It is sad how we depend on our computer and being on the internet.

So, I decided for the Thanksgiving I would not take my computer with me. It was great, I rarely thought about it and enjoyed being with my relatives. My uncle Doug and I flew to Oakland, California on Thursday to spend the holiday with my uncle Donn and aunt Debbie. I left my computer at Doug's and didn't get it back until Sunday night when we arrived in Portland.

I didn't feel like I was missing anything. I read over 200 pages of the book I had started a while back, enjoyed talking with my relatives and visiting the Bay Area.

If you have a chance to just disconnect yourself from the constant connection to your computer, internet or phone for a couple days I highly suggest it!

No comments:

Post a Comment