Thursday, October 21, 2010

23 Years

My birthday has come and gone. And yes I worked the whole day, I guess that's part of growing up. I also suppose that I shall work on my birthday for a majority of the remainder of my life. But you know what, that means I can get birthday gifts delivered to work, right?

Shortly after I got to work on Tuesday I heard someone ask if I worked there, I dreaded that my parents had sent me balloons and wondered what I had to pop them, they are so awkward to carry home. But when the delivery person found my office they handed me a tray of mini cupcakes. My mom had figured out how to get 'Mama's Cookie Jar', a local sweet shop to make and deliver me cupcakes, much better than balloons.

After working a whole day I came home to a birthday banner in our front entry way that my roommates had hung up and Natalie gave me a bouquet of yellow and red daisies. We then had a nice roommate supper at Grendel's in downtown Forest Grove. While it was an attempt to be a meal without optometry talk, it failed. They had just finished a test and had to unwind from it!

It was then off to IM volleyball for Chantel and I. But afterwards our IM team came back to share the delicious mint chocolate chip ice cream cake with us. It was great to have visitors and of course because mint chocolate chip is my favorite flavor of ice cream!

Also I received many cards and a random assortment of surprises in the mail...THANK YOU everyone who sent birthday wishes my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment