Friday, October 1, 2010

Budget Survival 101

Coupons!

We live by them here. Every Tuesday the free advertiser is dropped off at our house. It is complete with ads to every grocery store in the area and a pack of manufacturer coupons. I knew there was no way we were just going to throw those away. So every week I cut them out and put them in what has become our coupon drawer.

As I learned in Chicago, many specials at the Safeway are only good if you are 'club member'. So right away the first week I got a club card. Which every week the club card combines with Safeway coupons to save bunches. This morning I saved nearly $15 dollars and ended up only paying $25 for my groceries. I felt pretty proud to have shopped smartly!

Also we discovered how expensive slipcovers were last week, it would have been more to cover one couch than it was to buy both! So I found some flat sheets on clearance at Target and made up some slip covers. Grandma will be so happy I finally got out my sewing machine, a graduation gift from her, to put them together.

Here are the before and after pictures of our lovely floral furniture:


No comments:

Post a Comment