Friday, October 15, 2010

Introducing My Roommates

Chantel

Our North Dakotan, Chantel is the oldest, after taking a year off she is hitting optometry school hard. She is the most dedicated to her studies in our house and maybe the most of anyone I have ever met. She was our leader on the camping adventure, but she lives in the library. Literally, she visits everyday and if it is near a test or quiz day she stays until 1 am! Pretty impressive, considering in undergrad I didn't use the library until I was a junior and from then on it was very, very limited!

Chantel also does well putting things into perspective for the young ones in the household (me and Natalie). She has travelled worldwide on many mission trips, has had her family's home taken out by a tornado and has the most dedicated mail-sending mom. She also is a pretty good cook and handy to have around with all her experience she has had re-building her house last year.

Natalie

The Colorado native, Natalie is the baby of our house. She graduated undergrad from BYU in three years and turned 21 in August. She is very focused on getting doctorate in optometry, but sleep gets in the way quite often. She is more prone to studying at home, because she doesn't see the need to haul her stuff to campus to just be distracted there too. However, she has fallen asleep on her studies more than once. Last week I came into the living room to find her asleep on the floor with a her book open, she also tries to stay up and study to wake up at 3 am and find her light on and her notes and computer open. Though, it seems to work for her as she continues to do well.

Natalie is an improving cook, compliments of the cookbook her sisters put together for her. As a former gymnast and diver, she swims laps around us at the pool! She is also the most likely to give in to having ice cream even though we banned it from our house until my birthday! (It's not been going well!)

Thoughts

I am the eye test guinea pig for them and they support my random chaotic schedule, it's great!

I am grateful the Pacific classifieds were so helpful in helping my find these guys. Having only talked to Natalie for about ten minutes before moving out here, I was a bit worried. After living with them for 2 months, I am still in awe of how well it all worked out. We have adjusted to each other quirks and get along well. We know we can ask for advice or support from anyone we live with and being 2,000 miles from home it is great to have that.

No comments:

Post a Comment